Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tofu Crumble

Many of my readers are very fond of tofu and have asked me to suggest more ways of using tofu. Here's a great way to prepare tofu loaded with veggies. You can serve this with rotis and also a great way to stuff a chillah. In my next post I will provide the recipe for chickpea flour( besan) chillah (crepes).
So here's a simple and yet nutritious recipe with your favourite tofu.
Ingredients-
100 gms tofu
1/2cup peas
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 large tomato minced
1 onion minced
3cloves garlic minced
1green chilli minced
freshly chopped coriander
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp ground tumeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste

Preparation-
  • Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
  • Saute the minced onions, green chilli and garlic.
  • Add the peas, cover and cook.
  • Add the grated carrot and tomatoes and tumeric, garam masala and salt. Stir well, cover and cook.
  • When all the veggies are ready crumble the tofu and add into the dish. Stir well to incorporate the spices. Cook for 1 minute.
  • Take off the heat and add freshly chopped coriander.
You might also like Tofu Jalfraize

10 comments:

  1. I love tofu but usually use it whole or cut into smaller pieces. This dish looks healthy and delicious with all the spices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word - YUM! I am a big fan of tofu even though I love my meat as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tofu is my favorite and this looks delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great...it will make a nice addition to the salad bar! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a terrific way to prepare tofu, thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum yum! I love tofu...this is a new way of preparing it to me. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. The spices sound great.
    LL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good.. Fine alternative to using paneer in the veggie mix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someday I'll be bold enough to try Tofu. I like the idea of it being crumbled too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin