I have been wanting to try a wholemeal cake since a long time, having known the negatives of refined flour. Finally got down to it with terrific results! The pumkin having enriched the cake with its benefits makes the wholemeal pumpkin cake a recommended snack for kids and adults. As I prepare this post, there is none of the cake left at home... all of it completely relished!
1cup wheat flour
1cup grated pumpkin
1cup salted butter
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves
- Sift flour and baking powder 3 times.
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter. Add the rest of the ingredients in.
- If the consistency is too thick add some warm milk.
- Grease a baking tray and fill in the contents.
- Bake in a preheated oven or microwave at 200 for 40 minutes. Then at 170 for 15 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before taking off the pan and cutting into slices.
- Serve and enjoy!